Disney’s ‘Jet Set Go Summer’ Campaign
Walt Disney’s Business Objective and Leadership
Disney India’s leadership team manages the world’s largest media company and are the visionaries behind some of the most respected and beloved brands around the globe. The Walt Disney Company incorporates best-in-class business standards as a key pillar of its business practices.
Approach by Walt Disney
Disney channel targeted viewers between the ages of 4 to 14 during the most competitive season for their attention the summer season. It sought to be the most exciting place for kids in the summer of 2013 through increased viewer activation, new viewership, and viewer loyalty.
Here Children should accumulate points each time they spot the aircraft on Disney Channel by dialing a toll-free number flashing on the screen, absolutely free of cost and leaving a missed call. Whoever spots the plane for the maximum number of times per day earn the maximum number of points and at the end of each day and the highest scorer will be announced as the winner on Disney Channel. One winner will be chosen each day, over the period of 30 days with the winners and their families can join the winners for going to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort for a wonderful two day Disney experience.
Results of Jet Set Go Campaign!
The first ever LOYALTY campaign on television, creating advanced 1-on-1 relationships with viewers.
This was first ever interactive LIVE game-play on television enabled through a unique zero cost to participant’s engagement mechanism:
- 40% increase in total viewership participation over the 2012 summer season – a participation level unheard of in the kid’s segment.
- 25% increase in unique viewer participation over 2012 summer season – a dramatic result, achieving Disney’s objective of attracting new viewers.
- The winners were from smaller towns of India like Guwahati, Amreli, Patiala, Jagdalpur, Jabalpur etc. which are traditionally less connected with less reliable internet connectivity. This truly demonstrated the kind of reach that can be achieved by simplifying the mobile experience.
Of Course, this was first ever VIRAL campaign on television without any need for an internet or data connection:
- 28% of participants discovered the campaign when they were referred by other viewers.
- 40% increase in the reach of core television media thanks to ZipDial viral friend referrals!
This campaign was able to drive truly personalized, end-to-end engagement, leading to better brand equity and real business results. It in the Heart of Disney’s DNA that their passion for telling the world’s best stories and providing unique experiences for kids and families. They were pleased to work with Jet Airways and Hong Kong Disneyland Resort to bring fans a fabulous opportunity to experience Disney magic. To mark a successful campaign without internet or data charges, it is still a fun-loving campaign and of course most awaited campaign for children’s.
Posted by : Santhosh DR
Content Manager, Blogger, Social Media Maverick, Foodie, Gamer, Technology Enthusiast, Reader, Writer, Reviewer, and Marketer. Founder of All India Blogging #AIB #SanthoshDR